Visitor Courtesy Code of Conduct
Welcome to Outlets Ocean City. We strive to provide an enjoyable and safe shopping environment for you, your family and our employees. Outlets Ocean City, including the parking area, is private property. This Code of Conduct is in effect at all times while visiting the Center. Persons violating this Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the Center’s property. Those who continue to violate this Code of Conduct will be subject to arrest for Criminal Trespass II in accordance with MD Code §6-402.
The following activities are not allowed on center property:
- Physically or verbally threatening any person; fighting, annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities or by unnecessary staring, following another person through the Center or using sexually explicit language or conduct, or in any other way creating a disturbance which is disruptive or dangerous to the Center’s patrons or its commercial function.
- Possession of any item that could be used as a weapon, including, but not limited to: firearms, explosives, fireworks, clubs or sticks over ¼ inch in diameter, chemical dispensing devices, knives with blades over 2 inches in length, or any other object(s) that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury on another person.
- Assembling for the purpose of disturbing the public peace or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior. NO LOITERING.
- Use of physical force, obscene language, obscene gestures or racial, religious or ethnic slurs which are likely to create a disturbance or impinge on the hearing or peace of other guests.
- Running, skating, rollerblading, skateboarding, hover-boarding, riding a bicycle or scooter, or engaging in activities which unreasonably obstruct or interfere with the free flow of pedestrian traffic or with patrons’ view of windows and other tenant displays.
- Wearing apparel or gesturing in a manner, which is likely to provoke a disturbance or embroil other groups or the general public in, open conflict. You must be fully clothed while at the Center.
- Engaging in any non-commercial expressive activity without complying with the Center’s rules for such activity.
- Engaging in any commercial activity not sponsored and/or conducted by the Center and/or an enterprise(s) engaged in business at the Center, other than certain qualified labor activity. This includes, without limitation, solicitation of money or other contributions or donations, or distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples of items, which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Defacing, damaging or destroying any real or personal property constituting part of, or located in or on, the Center and belonging to the Center, its patrons or its tenants, including writing, spraying, scratching or otherwise affixing graffiti on such property.
- Creating litter, or throwing, discarding or depositing any paper, glass or other matter of any kind at the Center, except in designated trash receptacles. Rummaging through or removing items from the trash receptacles is prohibited.
- Smoking and vaping, regardless of what type tobacco, within 10 feet of building entrances, exits, windows and air intake vents, under the Maryland Clean Indoor Air Act, effective May 17, 2007. You must be at a designated smoking receptacle. Employees of the Center and tenants may NOT smoke in front of stores and must be in the back area of the Center. No exceptions.
- Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios, tape players, or other sound amplification devices or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noise of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of the general public.
- Photographing or videotaping any individual or entity on the Center’s property without the subject’s consent and Center Management is prohibited.
- No handbills, flyers, and/or postings on property and/or automobiles, vehicles, RVs, or any mode of transportation parked at Outlets Ocean City for any purpose are allowed; a clean-up fee of $400 for any entity attempting to do so.
- Entering or remaining on Outlets Ocean City property when the center is not open for normal business (see posted hours) without authorization from Center Management.